We're currently closed. We'll be back on 14 december 2013. Bookings and requests can be accepted.
Scuol Youth Hostel
The 2007 newly built, modern Scuol Youth Hostel is situated near the station, next to the mountain cableways and just ten minutes from “Bogn Engiadina”: a perfect base for sports-oriented guests, families, young people and groups.
Modern architectural design is in perfect harmony with traditional Engadine buildings. The youth hostel offers 164 beds in rooms with 6, 4 and 2 beds. Many of the rooms have their own shower and WC. In the cosy dining room, guests sit together at the long dining table and enjoy the delicious 3-course menu. The cuisine focuses on regional produce from local farmers. Grisons dishes as well as tried-and-tested classics feature on the menu.
The elegant lobby with bar, lounge and open fire is a meeting point for guests. They also have the use of a games room and a sitting room with a superb view of the Grisons mountain landscape. The entire hostel fulfils the requirements for the Minergie sustainable construction label.
Your local discounts
(Available at the hostel reception)
- Reduced price for Vereina-Tickets (Car Transporter in Vereina-tunnel)
- Bus in the village for free during winter season
Your member benefits
By train via Landquart and Klosters to Scuol. The youth hostel is a two-minute walk from the station.
By car in winter via Landquart to Klosters, then on the Vereina car train through the Lower Engadine. In summer via Landquart to Davos, Flüela Pass (or car train) through the Lower Engadine. Or via Austria, from Landeck to Martina and then to Scuol. The youth hostel has a limited number of chargeable car parking spaces, for which advance reservation is recommended.
Scuol Youth Hostel is located directly opposite Scuol Tarasp Railway Station. The station has a slightly higher elevation than the Youth Hostel. An asphalt footpath leads to the Youth Hostel (entailing a single pedestrian crossing).
The parking spaces are paved with solid natural stone. An asphalt path leads uphill around the property to the main entrance.
The youth hostel has a chargeable, wheelchair-accessible car parking space, for which advance reservation is essential. We will be pleased to make the disabled car parking space available free of charge for holders of an official blue disabled person’s parking permit.
- 12 Dec 2013 - 06 Apr 2014
- 06 Jun 2014 - 19 Oct 2014
- 19 Dec 2014 - 31 Dec 2014
- until 09.30 am in summer
- until 10.00 am in winter
- 07.30-11.00 am / 04.00-09.30 pm (summer)
- 08.00-11.00 am / 04.00-09.30 pm (winter)
- 14 rooms with 2 beds and shower/WC
- 12 rooms with 4 beds and washbasin
- 13 rooms with 4 beds and shower/WC
- 6 rooms with 6 beds and washbasin
A total of 164 beds.
Showers/WC on the floor.
- Breakfast buffet (incl.)
- Varied evening meal (3-course menu), included in winter
- Lunch and packed lunch for groups on request
- Vegetarian or menus for allergic persons by prior arrangement
- Large dining and day room
- Cosy lounge with open fire
- Pine-clad sitting room
- Games room with table tennis and TV
- Large ski and bike room
- Family-oriented facilities
- Internet corner
- Free WiFi
- The snow paradise Motta Naluns lures with 80 km of slopes. 13 cable cars and lifts provide access to the spacious area, in which both beginners and advanced can accommodate.
- The valley station of the cable railway is only 100 m away.
- A total of 110 km are available for classic and skating crosscounty skiing.
- 250 km of winter hiking trails offer excellent experiences, e.g. along the River Inn. The absolute highlights include the panoramic high mountain path.
- More info about winter activities in Scuol